Just watched the March community update on YouTube with ECOMI/VeVe co-founders David Yu and Dan Crothers. Overall, there wasn’t much new discussed, but it was good to hear from the founders and that progress is being made on the project.
The one clear timeline we got from the update is that the new drop raffle system will be rolling out in April, and going live in May. A lot of items are dependent on the raffle, including the web platform, artist alley, MCP and OUP so this will be an important update.
The team also demoed the new web platform, which is basically identical to the app, with some additional filters and small interface updates. Everything else is coming #soon.
Some other highlights:
- The VeVe community raised $700K+ for Ukraine relief, and more artists will be dropping pieces to support the cause in the future
- The search feature in the app will be improved very soon
- The gem transfer feature will be removed to combat bots and comply with anti-money laundering laws
- The team is in discussion with major toy companies on physical/digital collectible pairings
- The Delorean will now be drivable again
- The team will be attending a number of conferences this year, and hinted at possible giveaways for attendees:
- DCon London – April 9-10
- Comic-Con San Diego – July 21-24
- Comic-Con New York – October 6-9
- DCon Anaheim – November 12-14
Lots to look forward to this year, I’ll definitely be attending some of these events and meeting some of the VeVe fam in person!